The privacy of Afya Sacco Co-operative members is very important to us, and how we deal with personal information is outlined in our terms and conditions. We hope the way in which we gather and use your personal information addresses and respects any concerns you may have:
We will only use the personal information we gather:
• In the normal course of our business to provide to you the products and services you have requested
• To identify you when you contact us
• To determine if we can offer you a better service or more relevant products
• To send you updates of service changes which are important to you or which we feel may be of interest to you
• For credit assessment
• To review the conduct of and to administer/operate your accounts for statistical analysis, including automated techniques (e.g. behavior and credit scoring) and
• To monitor and analyze our business
We will disclose your personal information only to:
• Our agents and sub-contractors to administer and operate your account or to conduct our business on your behalf.
• The insurer of any payment or card protection cover which you take out in connection with your account
• Our licensed credit reference agency who may keep a record of any search we make •Your personal information may be shared with and used by other lenders in assessing applications from you
• Or members of your household any person to whom we transfer our rights or obligations under this agreement for debt tracing or fraud prevention to help desk advisers or their equivalent if required or compelled to do so by law.
We subscribe to the Co-operative Act, International Accounting Standards, and Use of the PEARLS financial monitoring System and other by laws that regulate co-operatives. These voluntary codes encourage higher standards for the benefit of customers.
Whilst every effort has been taken in the compilation of this web site, the society cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies or changes since the launch or for the consequential loss arising from such changes or inaccuracies or for any other loss, direct or consequential arising in connection with information contained on the website.